Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Let's all go to the Lobby!

I promised myself I wouldn't go more than 5 days without an update, but sometimes critical tasks get in the way of good intentions. Preparations for my four fantasy football drafts took priority over writing. Not to fear, I've got an Atlanta Falcon on each of my teams so far. We also treated ourselves to a Winston-Salem Dash game, where fans were lucky enough to witness yours truly partake in a hippity hop race against a so-called friend who had to blind me with the giant rubber ball to win a free t-shirt. I hope you are sore, Teddy. Another highlight of the Dash game was Lawren's first celebrity moment, when someone saw her and said "Hey, the movie people!" I'm all for giving that person two free tickets.

We're in the first phases of construction after the big demolition, and I hope to use the long weekend to get some updated pictures. I've yet to share the box office/concession area, so be on the lookout for that. Speaking of which, we've almost settled on ice and popcorn makers. Lawren also completed Responsible Alcohol Seller Program training, so we're one step closer there. One of the things we've learned is that in order to sell wine, we have to sell some sort of hot food. So that opens up the question - what would the movie goers like to have? The first things that came to mind were pretzels, hot dogs, nachos, sandwiches, or Patio microwaved burritos. I really think the latter complements a good pinot noir, but maybe that's just me. Any other suggestions?


5 comments:

  1. Any of the above would be good hot. Besides that, I believe a southern fave might be to offer an RC & a Moon Pie as a combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crepes! Can be savory or sweet. The crepe is made fresh in a jiffy while you wait, then you choose the appropriate filling. A friend told me about seeing this at a movie house in belgium. Unique, huh?
    Lee Mecum

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRn15vwcXyU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosearch%3Fclient%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%2Dus%26q%3Daqua%2520teen%2520hunger%2520force%2520movie%2520opening%26oe%3DUTF%2D8%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUT&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good suggestions. We're taking it all under advisement. And I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I wonder how hard it would be to make that our ad for concessions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a wine compliment package, something simple like some cheese cubes and grapes? If you serve wine, that would be nice to have as well...

    ReplyDelete