Sunday, September 13, 2009

Genius or moron blogger?

So I'm already falling behind again on the updates, but I promise this excuse was a little more viable than the last one. Lawren left for Toronto on Friday (if you haven't already done so, head on over to the a/perture cinema twitter page for some of the celebrity encounters and early reviews) which left me without much to report as she had me researching movies to watch. So while she's having fun with that, I'm having my own adventures with our son Jake, and continuously hearing him yell "Mommy!". Further cementing the fact that Lawren is the only person of interest in our household, the gotriad article came out on Thursday.

http://www.gotriad.com/content/2009/09/09/article/shes_bringing_art_films_to_winston_salem

Joe Scott, who wrote the article, hosts his own film series in Greensboro, along with writing much more interesting stuff than I. Check out his website for more info: http://www.themovieshow.org

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that while Lawren brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this project, I'm no slouch myself. You're hearing from the co-founder/President of the Dalton High School Film Club. However, after declaring my love for the 1985 piece de resistance Moron Movies, my opinion apparently is as welcome as Joe Wilson's comments during an Obama speech.



I probably didn't do myself any favors with that clip, but it's about the only one out on Youtube, which is probably another strike against me. This space will probably be a lot more interesting when my wife is back from Toronto and I can post pictures of celebrities. Look out Perez Hilton!

No comments:

Post a Comment