Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"You can have a blank business card to write on..."


Yesterday the whole movie theater downtown thing became a little more official than it was with my first post. a/perture cinema officially signed the lease for the space at 311 W. Fourth Street in the Chatham Building. There goes the neighborhood.

So with that minor detail out of the way, we can now move on to more important things, like whether or not I get a business card. Local firm Elephant in the Room has done an amazing job of helping develop the theater's name and brand identity, as evidenced by the wicked logo at the top of this page. So Lawren was showing me the potential stationery and her prototype business card, when I asked "What are we putting on mine?" If you've read the subject of this post, you already know what she said. This was after I'd spent most of my evening working on journal entries and updating budget numbers for her instead of playing Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii. I hope you, the readers, are as outraged as I am. I would start an online petition to try to remedy this gross miscarriage of justice, but then she might take away my internet privileges. And while we may push each other to wit's end on occasion, it's your comments (tclynch and suemo - what up!) and support as published in the W-S Journal that make it worth it.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/aug/18/cant-come-too-soon/opinion-letters/

Bless you, Ace Levstek. Which reminds me, as much as I like to see my thoughts on the interweb, this is your blog. I'd like to get some reader Q&A going, so if you have questions such as "Lawren - this guy...really?", email them to info at aperturecinema.com and I'll ignore the ones I don't know the answers to.

1 comment:

  1. I keep coming by to see how things are progressing. IMHO, this is the most exciting thing to happen in Downtown WS in a LONG time. I'll keep checking in here and by the Physical Location!

    ReplyDelete