Thursday, August 13, 2009

Demolition Man (AKA another movie you won't see at a/perture)

So apparently one of the side effects of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression is that it has become exponentially easier to sign away your life to the government via a Small Business Administration Loan (Thank you, Mr. President??). That helped hatch the hair-brained scheme (I need to watch more Scooby-Doo again) of starting a movie theater in downtown. So they started demolition a couple of weeks ago and Lawren is really embracing the idea of small business and family business being one in the same.



I was also somewhat disheartened to learn today that a/perture cinema has more fans than I have friends on Facebook. Today I was given the option to become a fan of "Pathetic" and "Loneliness" as part of my friend suggestions, but that's beside the point. Since I've already leaked a picture or two, I guess I'll actually give you the first before in a before/after series of the completion of studio 2.

I really think the cubicles instead of cramped, uncomfortable seats is what's going to set a/perture apart. Who doesn't want to leave work, and escape to a film in the friendly confines of the carpeted wall you just left? Seriously, American Cinema Equipment (free ad - discount?) has hooked us up with some sick Irwin seats, that I'm told wrap your derrierre like a choir of singing angels. I'll quit while I'm behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment