Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is this thing on?

Well, it appears the word is out. My wife, Lawren Desai, is opening a movie theater. I've been asked to document the process, as she's occupied with getting a/perture cinema off the ground and taking care of three kids. Just to clarify, we're not dropping the bombshell that we're expecting twins in this blog, I just have to include myself, our son Jake, and the Boston Terrier Nigel. Seriously, they just did a study that dogs are as smart as two year olds, and Lawren tells me all the time that they're both smarter than me. I'll let you be the judge as you critique Jigar Desai's grammar and incoherent ramblings over the course of the next 5 months. And that will be the last time I refer to myself in the third person. So now you know who I am and what I'm doing, so sit back, comment away, and be careful, cause you might learn a thing or two.

Alright, I'm about to be absolutely sincere for a few lines, but don't get used to this. Lawren has poured her heart and soul into getting this off the ground, and with the support of a solid group of financial partners, some amazing people advising her, and everyone who is touching this project directly or indirectly, I have no doubt that a/perture will succeed as another piece of the revitalization of the 27101. Thanks to everyone who is a part of this and will be in the future.

4 comments:

  1. We want this. We are excited. We will help you succeed! Thank you SO much for opening a movie theater downtown that shows quality films that can not be seen at other local venues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!!!! Lived here most of my life and one of the big things I've missed after moving from Cincinnati was a movie theater that showed interesting films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled to hear about this. Can't wait. My husband and I will actually employ a babysitter for a change and leave the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downtown Winston-Salem just may help the longing for Austin TX, yet! We're so stoked about this project!

    ReplyDelete