Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bollywoodin' the Dash

So this weekend my parents came to visit and had a chance to visit the future home of a/perture cinema. Of course they were excited before, but seeing the space as a shell of what it is to become only added to it.

(I guess my comments about the cubicle seats upset management enough to get them out pronto - sorry honey)


My parents are happy for Lawren and what she's doing, but I could see a couple of other twinkles in my Dad's eyes. One, he's hoping that once this thing gets off the ground I'll stop asking him for money (not gonna happen), and two, that we're going to show Bollywood movies every week. Not that British Slumdog Millionaire Bollywood either, the made in the Motherland stuff (Granted, I loved Slumdog and had a/perture been open last year, we'd have shown it). Bollywood made enough movies last week for us to fill the schedule for the next 17 years, but I can't really see that business model as sustainable. Don't get me wrong, there's not a more entertaining mood changer than watching a bunch of people randomly break out into song and dance on top of a train, and we'll probably work in some movies. I guess the real point was to share a little of my culture with you, and give a sneak peek into the programming of a/perture. We're Michael Jackson "off the wall" like that. Which leads to another question Lawren gets all the time - How do you get your movies?

And that my friends, is a cliffhanger. If I gave you all the juicy info in week one, you wouldn't keep coming back, and I wouldn't get a $0.03 check from AdSense for all my clickthroughs. Maybe if my Mom reads this, she'll get back to me with the top 5 Bollywood movies to run out and rent right now.


3 comments:

  1. Hummmm.... I would go for a Bollywood movie once in a while. I AM hoping for lots of foreign films, hopefully many from Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our plan is to show films from all over the globe, so hopefully we'll hit some films you're looking for. Half of the world population can't be ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother seriously has a friend who left ATL for Bollywood and is allegedly successful. Maybe I can get you a free movie or two...great job you guys! Can't wait for our first date night!

    ReplyDelete