Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trailers aren't just for haulin' dirt

So now that Lawren has become a celebrity, the approval process for my blogs has become more cumbersome, so if you don't have updates as frequently as you like, don't blame me. Black Friday not only saw some wicked deals at your local Wal-Mart, but two articles about Lawren (with very slight mentions of me, and hardly any of my wonderful mother, brother, and sister-in-laws, or any other family for that matter - just go ahead and call all of us the Chad Lowe to Lawren's Hillary Swank). The Winston-Salem Journal wrote a great piece as did the Triad Business Journal (subscription only, but here's a slight preview). I imagine there are a few new readers here because of those articles, so welcome, and no I cannot get you free tickets.

So front of the house is pretty close to wrapped up, and we're expecting to get most of the fun projector equipment that Lawren won't let me touch because I'll probably end up breaking it this week. That can only mean one thing. We should be opening soon. While we don't have a firm date, the rumors of a January opening are pretty on target. Here are two films of the films we'll be screening for our opening month. Drumroll please....

A Town Called Panic



New York, I Love You



Who says I'm not in the loop? If you want to find out more inside info, like why there are urinals in our front window, stop by our table at the First Friday Gallery Hop on Trade Street (December 4th).

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see some animation is on tap. Isn't New York, I love You showing in Gboro? I'll wait till it shows here to see it ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is at the Carousel. We actually booked it in a few weeks ago and could have had it now if we were open. Thanks for waiting!!! In the future we should be able to get films either before or at the same time as the Carousel or different films altogether!

    ReplyDelete