Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Real Dark Knight

We've had a couple of good weeks with our latest movies, Winter's Bone and Coco and Igor, and I'm taking full credit for their success, since they coincide with my new weekly blogging endeavor. Let's see if I keep the streak going with this week's new entrant into the ring, Harry Brown. First off, how can you go wrong with Michael Caine. Our good friend and Yes! Weekly scribe Mark Burger's man-crush on Mr. Caine is only rivaled by my own for Zach Galifianakis. Suffice it to say, he enjoyed the film. But he's not the only one - our own curator said "Michael Caine was da bomb! I can't imagine anyone else pulling off this role!". In honor of Sir Michael, I went across the pond for a review as well, and The Times gave it 3 stars (out of 5), using words and phrases only a Brit could pull off to describe the film, like "septuagenarian", "emetic bile", "assiduous avoidance", and "wanker". Ok, I just put that last one in because it makes me giggle to say and see in print.

If Caine's resume and the reviews aren't enough to make you a believer, check out the trailer below - Rambo meets Cocoon? This one probably isn't for you if you have a weak stomach or are easily offended.




Wow, Batman's butler seems just as annoyed as the rest of us for having to put up with Christian Bale's horrible voice. That or he was on the receiving end of Bale's famous Terminator rant, and wouldn't take it anymore. I'm just happy we're showing another movie dudes can be proud to drag their better halves to, as opposed to the usual other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment