Tuesday, April 6, 2010

He's so dreamy...

So I've been pretty skeptical about something since we started this whole escapade into the movie theater business. What has Lawren been hiding from me? Tons of hours spent on the computer. Leaving the room for phone calls. And then, this week, my suspicions were confirmed. How could I be so naive??? Lawren opened a/perture so she could show a Zac Efron movie. Me and Orson Welles is starting up this weekend, in an abbreviated run along with The Girl on the Train as we prepare for RiverRun (insert school girl scream usually reserved for Mr. Efron here). But then I stopped judging and actually checked out the movie. That's when I realized one of my heroes Richard Linklater produced and directed the film. So that's why Lawren picked this one up. How can I not be excited when we're showing a work by the man who taught me the true meaning behind The Smurfs and made it ok for Matthew McConaughey to objectify high school girls. Wait, that latter one's not ok, but still a classic movie line (it did make it on the application for AFI's Top 100 movie quotes). Anyway, before Chris Hansen shows up at my house, I feel I should share The Smurfs bit from Slacker, Richard's tour de force which Wikipedia says "is often taken as a starting point for the independent film movement of the 1990s. Language could be deemed not kid friendly.



That Scooby stuff really makes you think, too, doesn't it? Further research does show that Me and Orson Welles should be pretty solid - here's the rotten tomato page for more info, and the trailer. Remember, you only have five days to catch it - don't cry to me if you miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment