Tuesday, July 13, 2010

lo sono l'amore

So we are keeping our promise and bringing back our first film from this year's RiverRun Intl. Film Festival - I Am Love.

For those of you who missed it at the festival or for those of you who loved it as much as I did...now is your chance to see it for the first (or second) time. I could give you my own opinion on what a lovely film it is, but I'll let an expert do that (without giving away too much of the film):

I Am Love is the first film to use compositions by the great, Pulitzer Prize-winning John Adams (Nixon in China, On the Transmigration of Souls) as a score, and the symphonic, sometimes discordant music considerably adds to the grandness and sweep of what is essentially an intimate character study. Right from the opening credits, in which the titles fill the screen in curly script over snowy vistas of Milan in winter, you know I Am Love is going to be something special. And the picture gets better as it goes along, culminating in a rapturous ending that exhilarates in a manner I've never felt in a movie. I Am Love isn't perfect, but what love is, really? Attention all movie buffs: Get ready to have your minds blown. [Rene Rodriguez - Miami Herald]

Okay now check out the trailer:



One more thing...the film features a lot of delicious looking food, so you might want to plan to eat a nice meal out downtown afterwards.

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment