Tuesday, July 20, 2010

/I guess we can share/

Another quarter end behind me, I can get back to the job that pays me the no-bucks - attempted blogger. While I'm not monetarily compensated to entertain you, one of the perks of this gig is getting to meet people who actually know a thing about keeping your attention for more than five minutes. We've been able to bring in filmmakers such as John Jackman of Wesley and Eric Merola of Burzynski, and now we get to add John Schwert to that list. Writer/Producer/Director/Editor of In/Significant Others, John has been based in Charlotte for some time now and used the Queen City as his backdrop for the film, a story about a group of people all somehow connected to a homicide investigation.


Aside from being able to showcase another NC based film, we're extremely excited to open our doors to a movie that makes such wonderful use of our shared "/". Seriously, In/Significant Others has ties to our fine city as well from actors to crew, and has been blazing the festival circuit since last year, racking up multiple awards along the way. Check out the website, http://www.4wproductions.com/in-significant-others/, which has way more info than I can fit here, including a trailer. And while you're out on the interwebs, visit their Facebook page and tell your friends about it by sharing the a/perture event page

Did I mention that John will be here? How ridiculously cool is that, being able to watch a movie and then ask the brains behind it all those nagging questions you have*? Alas, that honor is only reserved for the Friday (5:15 and 7:45) and Saturday (2:45, 7:45, and 10:15) showings. Don't miss out on the chance to catch this fine movie and support NC films all at once.

* - (I would have given up my DVR to talk to Banksy after watching Exit through the Gift Shop, but I digress)

No comments:

Post a Comment