Friday, June 18, 2010

Pop in with your pops

If you're like me, you probably don't get presents for birthday, special occasions, etc. too far in advance. Heck, I just forgot to call my mom yesterday on her birthday (sorry Mom, maybe a public birthday wish will help atone?). So for my fellow procrastinators, I offer your solution for Father's Day.

Having experienced two of my own so far, I'm coming to realize the best gift is just being able to spend time with my little guy. So if your dad is like me, they just want to do some hanging out. Sports are always a good bonding experience. Except that baseball is the only professional league still rolling. The US soccer team was robbed earlier today, and isn't playing again until Wednesday. The golf US Open is being played in primetime since it's on the west coast. So that means after brunch, you have some time to kill. What should you do? Take your dad to see a movie. We have three great ones to choose from, two of which are comedies, which us guys relate to better because we're really not as sophisticated as the ladies for the most part. Just speaking the truth here. Here's Mark Burger's review of Please Give. I've heard more than one person walk out of The Secret in Their Eyes saying it's one of the best films they've ever seen. And the word of mouth on City Island convinced us to keep it an extra week.

And if sports isn't your thing at all, come to a movie, and stick around on Sunday night at 8 for our special screening of Crude, detailed in the previous blog post. QT with the dad and helping the environment? Who else is giving you opportunities like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment