Thursday, February 3, 2011

What happened to the other 120?


So I've been gone for a little bit, and I apologize, but the reasons are threefold. First, The King's Speech has been doing all the talking for me. Sellouts left and right + more Oscar nominations than 80s samples on a Girl Talk album = too busy to write. Second, to really honor the film that opened last week that I haven't promoted enough, I wanted to come up with 127 reasons to see 127 Hours (Curator's editing note - no one wanted to read all of these, so I've got the top 7). And finally, I wanted to make sure no one passed out during its first week (SUCCESS!!).

127 - Who doesn't like Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, The Beach, 28 Days Later, Millions, and the movie that made it cool to be an Indian trivia nerd like me, Slumdog Millionaire)
76 - If you don't believe me that it's good, check out the reviews from Mark Burger at Yes! Weekly and in Relish (both gave it 3 and 1/2 stars)
69 - (Editor's note: Yes, my husband is still very immature) Hey, that scene with Mr. Franco and those two ladies jumping into the water looks vaguely familiar...

....that's me at the Homestead Crater in Midway, Utah where they just coincidentally filmed a part of 127 Hours.
29 - The good people at Great Outdoor Provision Company are being totally awesome by giving you a 10% discount on one regularly priced hiking or camping item just by showing your receipt from 127 Hours at a/perture!
26 - Sure, you know how it ends, but didn't the bazillion other people that went to see Titanic? And besides, James Franco is way cuter and funnier than Leo (blogger's note: that last sentence was added by Lawren)
19 - Did you see our facebook posts proving how cool James Franco is? His Grandmother and The Daily Show agree.
1 - All kidding aside, it is an incredibly told and acted real life story, that actually made me come out of the theater not only more appreciative of what Aron Ralston had to go through, but more thankful of everything I have. So ignore the stuff about how gross it is and how you won't be able to watch it.

Preview:



No comments:

Post a Comment