Sunday, November 15, 2009

They've shown this on both screens...

We looked at a calendar for the first time in six months today and noticed we're less than seven weeks away from the new year. What the summer months are to the multiplexes, early winter is for the art houses. Awards season starts building buzz around the movies that may not have made it out of the "opening in NY and LA" circuit quite yet. Needless to say, your curator is turning into a hot mess. She's had more meetings in the past two weeks than dollars Jon Gosslein has had to give back for his general douchebaggery - which for those of you hiding from the TMZ/People/Us Weekly likes is a lot. Speaking of the paparazzi, Lawren's press train is showing no signs of slowing down. The Triad Business Journal, skirt! Magazine, Winston-Salem Journal, WFDD, and local Rotary chapters are all on Lawren's radar, while the true voice of a/perture is getting Rodney Dangerfield'ed (no respect!). Maybe it's because I don't have business cards - no grudge here - or because I refuse to shave my sweet beard, both serving to lower my respectability. Maybe a Magnum, P.I. style 'stache would change that. I really need to stop dating myself with these horrible 80s references.

Here's what else I learned this weekend. Movie screens are basically a tarp, and the speakers that sit behind them are HUGE. Putting two and two together, you, the astute reader you are, have probably said to him/herself "Wait, did you put some screens up this weekend?". To which I politely respond, "Why yes we did. Would you like to see the process?". Soundtracked by what instantly became one of my favorite songs when Lawren decided to open a two screen theater, Twin Cinema.



I'm still waiting for my free case of beer, beer distributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment