Monday, October 26, 2009

I see the white walls and I want to paint them black...

Two months ago (see post dated August 27th), you saw one of the studios in its infancy. Somewhere in between, it turned into this:


And today, our little baby's all growed up.

With all the progress being made, our first equipment vendor is scheduled to come in this Wednesday to work on the framing for the drapes and the screens. So this is the last you'll see of the pretty black paint. Unless you try to hide behind the drapes to sneak into another screening, but unless you're planning on spending a couple of nights, you'll be watching the same movie, so I'd advise against it. And to get rid of the carpet glue, those floors have had more chemicals poured on them than a high school science lab, so I'd steer clear of the M&Ms found on the ground. At least turn the five second rule into three seconds.

Seeing as we're in the business of showing movies, we thought it might be appropriate to document the process in some other format than the written word. Hence the world premiere of our new YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/cinemaaperture. (Author's note: I was told four minutes before I went on camera I was doing this, but thanks to the magic of our wonderful PR gal Sadie, I only managed that deer in headlight look for about 30 seconds, and made just one inappropriate crapper joke).


No comments:

Post a Comment