Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Living the Dream

Lawren gave you her RiverRun recap, and I will just reiterate its awesomeness. Before returning back to our normal schedule last Friday, we had a little fun with some one off events. PAVE Creative Group brought us Art & Copy, a 2009 RiverRun favorite about advertising. We also had a one-time screening of Visioneers. My attempts to get Zach at the show were rebuked by his agent's assistant telling me he was out of town on that date, before I had given her the actual date, but Lawren was impressed that I actually got her to talk to me. So I got that going for me. However, my crowning achievement for last week was putting together our employee appreciation party. Our hardworking concessionaires and projectionists were treated to pizza, as well as some Wii on the big screen.


So now besides movies and TV shows, we can add video games to the a/perture repertoire. Is anyone up for a Battle of the Bands??

We've got two new movies opening up this weekend, Greenberg and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Greenberg is Noah Baumbach's latest film with Ben Stiller acting like I would if I had never met the woman who could whip me into shape. Dragon Tattoo is the Swedish film adaptation of the international best selling book. Check out the review by our favorite critic Mark Burger in the current Yes! Weekly. Catch the original, cause the first one is always the best, right! As an added incentive to watch the film, I am issuing a challenge to our readers. If during the run of the film, we have ten sold out shows, I'll get a tattoo. Yes, the financial analyst who is scared of needles, small insects that could in no way harm me, and gets freaked out watching people put their contacts in will go under for a tat. They give you anesthesia for those, right? And to help get into the spirit, we have a stack of temporary dragon tattoos to hand out to patrons (until they run out)!

1 comment:

  1. start looking at dreamcatchers, Jigar! This is going to be big!

    ReplyDelete