Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let's all go to the lobby...reprise

We're hitting the home stretch of blog posts being shoved in your face. I think I've realized why I work with numbers, since there are really only ten to choose from as opposed to the pantheon of words and subjects available for writing. Yet here I am without a good topic for the night. Our curator has been going non-stop today. Aside from getting ready for normal operations this evening, a/perture was host to a meeting by the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership as well as the previously mentioned short Becoming Abe. See? We got more than just movies up in this piece. Tiger was going to hold his "press conference" at our place, but after seeing our "No one has ever, ever paid admission to see an excuse" posters he had second thoughts. If I can ever figure out how to set up the Wii to work, I'm going to have some rad Rock Band parties. Who's with me?

Alright, I know I've asked about this before, but now that you've been in and had a chance to experience the intimate lobby, and see we don't really have a ton of room to work with behind the counter, we want more of your thoughts on concessions. The cakeballs have become a hit in downtown Winston-Salem, thanks to the gals at Yummy Goodness. People are coming in just to buy those. We're hearing your pleas for something healthier. I still don't know how food gets any better for you than peanut butter covered in a chocolate candy shell, but my doctor says different. I survived for one week only eating Fudge Stripe cookies by those magical Keebler elves. My mom thought I'd get sick of them after awhile and ask for something else. Score another one for Jigar.

So here are some of our criteria for suggestions. Our refrigerator is already pretty packed, so nothing that requires much cold storage. A little bit of a shelf life would be nice, too, cause we don't like to waste. The staff have their own little Christmas on Tuesdays when we have unsold cakeballs and cupcake parfaits. Last requirement - I have to be able to spell it. If I can't spell it, I won't eat it, and we won't sell it. That's why I tell my wife I spell it sushee, so we can't order it on take out night. Alright, we haven't been disappointed yet, from your prior suggestions for concessions to the facebook movie suggestions (we are listening, for you people on the "discussions" tab). Don't let me down like I'm going to with our first Friday post in our blogging history.

6 comments:

  1. Who goes to the movies to snack on anything healthy??

    But really...

    -trail mix
    -baked pretzels (in a bag)
    -heart healthy nuts like almonds
    -Baked chips (too crunchy?)
    -olives (refrigerated sadly)
    -hummus (also refrigerated)
    -Luna bars (mini or regular)

    That's all for now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pistachios? I like the nut idea..almonds! ..unless allergies are a concern..... dried fruits... (Craisins!)

    A cute station will all kinds of "trail mix" fillings to order a custom mix?

    Fruit leather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "custom trail mix" idea! Could serve in a cone-shaped paper bag. 2-3 kinds of nuts, dried fruits... chocolate chips...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about one of those mini self serve pay coffee machines? Don't know if you sell coffee or not...

    A variety of nuts? Get a rack of dispensers on the walls, dispense into cups you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not necessarily healthy, but one of my favorites...Jelly Belly jelly beans! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.zevro.com/dispensers has lots of dispenser options too

    ReplyDelete